Promoting a safer church
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to any safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those who may post a present risk
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local Contacts are available to speak to if you have any concerns:
Mrs Maxine Clark (Safeguarding Officer) – 01732 883 376 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Janet Rucker (Vulnerable Adults’ Representative) – 01732 833 227 – email@example.com
Mr Gregg Barr (Lead Diocesan Safeguarding Officer) – 01634 560 000 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kent Social Services: Children – 03000 411 111 Adults – 03000 416 161
If there is immediate risk or danger, please contact the police on 999