Promoting a safer church
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to any safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those who may post a present risk
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local Contacts are available to speak to if you have any concerns:
Hilary Denby-Jones (Parish Safeguarding Officer) – 07776 136 678 – [email protected]
Reverend Serena Willoughby (Priest-in-Charge) – 01732 761 766 – [email protected]
Janice Keen (Diocesan Safeguarding Officer) – 01634 560 000/07787 445 032 – [email protected]
Local Authority Social Services: 01732 525 000
If there is immediate risk or danger, please contact the police on 999